Attention all Garage Managers, Mechanics, Technicians, Service Managers, Bodyshop Managers, and Transport Managers.
We are partnering up with Automotive Engineering and Construction students at Gateshead College in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, who are going to design a new ‘piece of equipment of the future’ for garage owners and mechanics - to make your life just that little bit easier.
Before we give the students their brief, we’d like to hear ideas from you of what you would like them to come up with:
- What do you lack in your workspace?
- What do you always think you could do with?
- And what would you find really useful?
Although this is just a mock brief, we’d like the students’ ideas to be as realistic as possible.
Please answer these four simple questions below to help us design our brief for the students:
- What problems do you have in your workshop that you have not been able to solve with conventional Garage equipment?
- If money was no object what equipment do you think you could benefit from in your workspace?
- If you could have a new piece of equipment for your garage what would be your preference? a)Something to store equipment. b) Something that mechanics can wear. c) Something to do with green vehicles? d) Other, please explain…………….
- Is there an item in your garage that you couldn’t live without? If so please explain.
At Gott Technical Services we are keen to play our part in promoting the development of skills within the Automotive Industry so we are delighted to have this opportunity to help stimulate the minds of young learners looking forward to a career in your industry and we will be providing a prize for the student with the best design. By providing us with your ideas you will be a key part in this exciting project so we would like to thank you in advance for your participation.
Please email your answers back to us at email@example.com.